The Darker Playground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community For Dark And Lost Souls

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whatever happened to good synthpop music?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Osiris
Admin
Osiris

Whatever happened to good synthpop music? Empty
PostSubject: Whatever happened to good synthpop music?   Whatever happened to good synthpop music? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 6:32 pm

Currently, listening to lots and lots of very good synthpop on youtube. Danceable and original music and deep lyrics. Bands such as NamNamBulu, Code 64, Apop, and Colony 5.

Earlier I listened to the new And One's latest release, S.T.O.P. To put it kindly, the entire CD was just boring. Devoid of any danceable music or any meaningful lyrics whatsoever. In fact, a lot of synthpop bands have nothing really to sing about at all currently. Its makes no sense at all. What happen to danceable sythpop music? Or for that matter, lyrics that makes sense in the music genre.

And yet in the past 30 years, we have massive advances in music technology. Powerful computers and laptops. Ableton and Cubebase digital work stations, And various sound plugins and filters. All at reasonable price. And sadly, the sound of synthpop remains the same. Some bands just can't found the sound. Garage in. Garage out. Can't expect people to paid for the same old and unoriginal sound and stupid lyrics. Still there is youtube. Listen to the best of synthpop there. Its just the signs of the times in the music industry.

Back to top Go down
Iceburg_thinker

Whatever happened to good synthpop music? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to good synthpop music?   Whatever happened to good synthpop music? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:06 pm

I usually go to Digital Gunfire for my Industrial EBM and Synthpop
They play the bands youve been listening to. I need to update my synthpop from (I think they're sp) VNV Nation to something newer so there bands I'll take a look at Basketball
Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to good synthpop music?
Page 1 of 1